ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting composition - massive problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marina AngelovaExporting composition - massive problem
by on Mar 2, 2013 at 1:01:11 pm

Hi, I'm new After Effects, I'm using CS5. We are doing a series of short video with a premade composition that we bought. The composition is HDTV 1080. Now I have to export the composition and I've been facing a series of problems, probably because I have no idea whatsoever what specifications to choose. Long story short, the video will be played on a large screen, hence, it needs to be with the best possible settings. I've been told AVI is the preferable format.
When I'm trying to export the composition, it exports it as a massive file of 5GB, which takes hours to render. What can I do to make the file smaller, what format and options to choose so that it is so large and can be played without problems?

Help will be greatly appreciated. I have to export dozens of these in under 4 days, so please help.

Marina

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Exporting composition - massive problem
by on Mar 2, 2013 at 5:43:33 pm

Get the exact specifications for the device that will play the video. Don't try to guess. The format that the device that plays the video will determine your output settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exporting composition - massive problem
by on Mar 3, 2013 at 12:05:37 am

You should obtain specifications for the output file from your client or the folks that are setting up the hardware device to play your videos.

The specifications you will want to look at are as follows -
1) pixel resolution
2) datarate (how many megabytes per second)
3) file format and CODEC

If your files are over the desired datarate then your videos may not play at all or it will stutter when it plays. Delivery systems for big screens often go through tests to ascertain the best file formats and CODECs to use on their systems. So ... get all these bits of info and ALWAYS send them a short video to test.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exporting composition - massive problem
by on Mar 3, 2013 at 1:49:59 am

BTW, here's a link from Todd that should help you to get started in the right direction, for info on file formats, CODECs etc

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]