ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Working with multiple compositions in CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orion Satori
Working with multiple compositions in CS6
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:10:00 am

Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I've read all sorts of things and looked at different tutorials and just can't get a straight, clear answer. I have multiple compositions that I've created separately. I've figured out how to create a new comp and add them into that new comp, but I can't figure out how to get them to open in separate tabs so I can edit each comp from within that master comp. I've got a couple of layers in two comps and I'm trying to get objects in those layers to line up with each other in my master comp, but I'm unable to edit any of those layers once they're added into the master comp. Editing them outside of the master comp is worthless, because I need to see them together to see how they fit. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Working with multiple compositions in CS6
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:39:37 pm

Couple of things that might help you. First go to Edit > General > "Synchronize Time of All Related Items". When you double click the precomp, it will open at where the CTI is in the main comp. And if you move you will move the CTI in the main comp.

As far as opening multiple tabs. You need to just open your main comp, double click a precomp and open it. Now grab the tab and dock it somewhere else. You can do this with all three comps.

Also you can open multiple comp viewers using the tab below your main comp viewer. In your case I would use 2 or 4, and lock each one to a specific comp.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Orion Satori
on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:07:00 pm

Awesome! I knew it'd be something simple. Thanks, John!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:57:05 pm

Glad I could help.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:23:38 pm

Orion

Open you Main Comp. Then Press " Cntrl/Cmnd + Alt/Optn + Shift + N ". This will open a Dual Window Mode with your Main Comp on Right Side and Locked. Now you can open any precomp and adjust any parameter and you can view real time changes in Main Comp.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]