ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Nested compositions show up as "TV-Bars"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ayatollah Fougner
Nested compositions show up as "TV-Bars"
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:42:41 pm

Hi;

I've used AE to stabilize a few shots in a Premiere Pro project I'm working on. I then wanted to make transitions between a few of these stabilized shots (that are know AE-comps), once again using AE. I select the shots/AE-comps on my timeline, right click, and choose "Replace with AE-composition".

When a new project opens in AE, I don't see my footage anymore. Instead, the nested AE-comps just show up as TV-bars (both on the AE-timeline and when I double click the layers to view them in the viewer).

Pressing save and going back to PP does not help. Still TV-bars.

Hoping there's a quick fix to this. Every bit of help is deeply appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Nested compositions show up as "TV-Bars"
on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:57:38 pm

Color bars indicate that the footage is missing. Highlight it, then navigate to its location. Double-clicking on the clip will then tell AE where it is, and all is good.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ayatollah Fougner
on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:38:43 pm

Hm. In the project tab of AE, the projects (or, what should have been the projects), are listed as "Placeholders". I try using the "Replace footage" function, but when I select the project I'd like to import I get an error that says:

"Failed to connect to Adobe Premiere Pro Dynamic link"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 28, 2013 at 8:45:43 pm

Navigate to the folder that contains the actual video footage, and not some placeholder.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ayatollah Fougner
on Mar 2, 2013 at 2:57:34 pm

That's the thing though, I don't want to import/use the original footage.

I want to make transitions between the now stabilized/motion tracked versions of the clips, which are AE-comps. These are currently on my timeline in PP. When I select them, right click and choose "Replace with AE composition", they are indeed replaced, but the AE-project that is created contains only these placeholders, not the original AE-comps from my sequence in PP.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:01:10 am

Ayatollah

I then wanted to make transitions between a few of these stabilized shots (that are know AE-comps), once again using AE.

My advice is to stay with Premiere Pro for Transitions rather than going to AE. AE contains few transition effects that you can find in Premiere Pro.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Ayatollah Fougner
on Mar 2, 2013 at 2:53:34 pm

Thanks for the advice, but I really need AE for this, because I'm making a "camera whip" effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]