ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WalterSound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:07:53 am

Hello All,

I am making an After Effects video in which I illustrate the workings of a user interface for a program. As the product which uses said interface is not yet built and working, I am animating screenshots (w/ cursor, buttons, roll overs, etc).

I have an audio layer which is the sound of a mouse clicking when required. In some of my compositions I have the sound used many times and thus far have included the sound multiple times simply by duplicating the sound layer. Is there any way to combine the duplicated layers into one audio layer to keep my workspace a bit neater?

Many Thanks
Christopher Walter

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 11:41:49 am

Is there any way to combine the duplicated layers into one audio layer to keep my workspace a bit neater?

If you don't want further edit of sound, Render a .WAV file just for audio and then use tha new Audio File.

Or Precompose the audio layers.

Select all audio layers and Press " Cntl/Cmnd + C ".

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Chris WalterRe: Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 11:43:55 am

I'd want to move them about on the timeline again to adjust timings...

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:20:24 pm

It might be much easier to ignore the sound effects in After Effects and add them in editing software (Final Cut, Premiere, etc).

- Paul

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 3:25:18 pm

I'm with Paul: as an audio editing application, AE stinks on ice. As long as you have the mouse-click animation timed out properly, there's no need to keep adding it over and over again. You would be much better off adding the sound effects in a video editing application.

If you're afraid to do that, you can just make the clips disappear in the Ae timeline buy making them shy layers.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gordon BicknellRe: Sound / Audio Layer (on the same layer)
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 12:30:02 am

This is an old thread but there is a solution which would add more creativity here. I would go one step further and load the footage into a digital audio workstation. A typical sampler can trigger an alternate sound for each mouse click, depending on how many recordings of mouse clicks you import.

Gordon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]