ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Glitching Camera Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lane StevensGlitching Camera Problem
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 3:20:56 am

I'm fairly new to AE and watched a tutorial on making a nebula thingy. I made it fine and have had no trouble, but for the last 2 days i have spent trying to fix my camera glitching problem. I have to keyframes for my camera, obviousl ythe start and the finish keyframe. But in the keyframes, my nebula thing, keeps glitching back to previous frames. Im not really good at discribing it, so i just screen recorded it so you could see. I have checked countless times to make sure there is no keyframes on anything else, there isn't. I lookoed it up, some say it could be the "boomerang effect" I tried to chhange the keyframes to linear keyframes (as they are at the time of the screen recording), obviously still glitching. I also tried to change the keyframes to "hold keyframes" as another suggested solution, i still get random glitching. So as a final solution, here i am. Not sure if you need to know the stats of my computer, but if you do here they are (iMac late 2012/early 2013, 3.7 Ghz, i7, 8gb of ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB). I have also exported the project to a mov file, the glitches are still there.

Here is the link to the screen recorded problem:

Also, im using After Effects CS6, Knoll lIght Factory, Trapcode Particular and Trapcode Shine.

Thanks, Hope someone could help.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Glitching Camera Problem
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 11:19:15 am

This is a common issue with Particular and Form while using camera animation.

AFAIK, the problem is because of LOW RAM. I had the same issue while I was working on 8GB machine.

To solve the issue, I rendered the File on 16 GB System and it worked fine.

Another guy on this form posted the same Problem. You can give the Final file to someone else with more RAM to render the Final Output.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Glitching Camera Problem
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 5:04:27 pm

Be sure to install the most recent updates for After Effects and your plug-ins, especially the Trapcode plug-ins. The recent updates fix some problems with the Trapcode plug-ins and the cache system.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Paul StevensonRe: Glitching Camera Problem
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 9:44:39 pm

I don't know the answer to the question, sorry.

But can I ask which tutorial did you follow to create that? It looks rather nice and I wouldn't mind having a go myself.

Return to posts index

Lane StevensRe: Glitching Camera Problem
by on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:00:41 pm

It's no problem, Glad i can share the tutorial. It's a good tutorial, really good for learning,

There you are:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved