ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need Assistance Z tool Camera 3D space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Need Assistance Z tool Camera 3D space
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:46:24 am

I have this shot where the AE 50mm Camera is suppose to Pan in (Z) into a picture turn around (Orbit tool) to another pic and Pan in Again However it wont Pan any further? Am I missing something? I should be able to move it in 3D space with out Limitations. Thanks in Advance.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Need Assistance Z tool Camera 3D space
on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:22:47 am

Greg

I should be able to move it in 3D space with out Limitations.

Yes, You are right. There is no limitation of keyframing any parameter.

Can't sat much without looking into your project and Timeline how you are moving your Camera in Z-Space.

Though you can try parenting your camera to a 3D Null Object.

Check this tutorial:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/advanced_camera_tips/

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
on Feb 26, 2013 at 12:30:27 pm

Try directly changing the rotation of the camera under its Transform section (just like you'd rotate any other layer) rather than using the orbit tool.

- Paul

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:17:07 pm

If your camera is using a point of interest then it will only be able to orbit around that point. You might consider either manually animating the point of interest, or changing the camera to Auto Orient: Off and animating the orientation/rotation of the camera instead.

Parenting the camera to a Null also allows for a lot more flexibility (note: animate the null instead of the camera unless you need to do something fancy).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:15:16 pm

[Greg Burke] "I have this shot where the AE 50mm Camera is suppose to Pan in (Z) into a picture turn around (Orbit tool) to another pic and Pan in Again..."

For the sake of clarity, the terminology for primary and secondary camera movement has already been established; more than 50 years ago, in fact. Thank goodness.

It is DOLLY in and out when the camera moves in the z-axis.
It is BOOM up and down when the camera moves in the y-axis.
It is TRUCK left and right when the camera moves in the x-axis.
It is PAN left & right when the camera rotates in the y-axis, revealing new portions of the picture to the left or right.
It is TILT up and down when the camera rotates on the x-axis, revealing new portions of the picture up or down.
It is ZOOM in and out when the focal length of the camera lens changes to either magnify or reduce the image in front of it.

Andrew Devis, God bless his heart, has created a series of three tutorials of creating a rig for AE's camera, which greatly simplifies the cumbersome process of moving and pointing a camera in AE. I strongly recommend that you look at them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]