ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I need advice on a shot I am working on

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul OrwigI need advice on a shot I am working on
by on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:28:14 pm

I have a still image from a somewhat good camera, it is a 4000 x 3000 pixel (jpg). I used a tutorial on how to convert day into night and I have the look I want. I also found another tutorial on how to make a moon shot with moving clouds in front of the moon. I want to be able to combine all of these elements into this one shot. Here is what I have so far. I set the comp to 1920 x 1080p, I want to start in the sky to show the moon with clouds slowly moving in front of it in the upper right hand corner and slowly pan down to the trees that are in this still image and have heavy fog in the midst of these trees and then slowly pan to the left. I have everything animated just like I want, but I think I am going about it all wrong. I tried to add a camera to the scene and when I pan the camera around the image, the image moves off camera and it does not look right. So basically what I did was kept the comp area still and animated the image to make it look like the camera panned, everything is working except I'm sure there is a more professional way of doing it and I can't get the moon and fog which will be added inside of after effects to stay still while the "camera" pans (even though I know it's not the camera). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: I need advice on a shot I am working on
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 12:02:24 pm

Paul

I created a similar video just like you want to make when I was a student.

Check this link:

I used a 3D camera to Pan and Zoom effects and there was no problem at all.

I tried to add a camera to the scene and when I pan the camera around the image, the image moves off camera and it does not look right.

Are you keyframing the Point of Interest and Position Parameter of Camera?

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Paul OrwigRe: I need advice on a shot I am working on
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 5:23:47 pm

Not sure what you mean, I added a 3D camera and then began to pan around and the image did not look right; it moved not the way I wanted. Thanks for the video link, I will look at it when I get home.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]