ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode error, multiple computers with same serial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michele jewett
Trapcode error, multiple computers with same serial
on Feb 21, 2013 at 7:08:30 pm

I am experiencing a very frustrating issue while using Adobe After Effects CS5 with the Red Giant Trapcode Suite. When using After Effects, I keep getting an error that reads:

" [Computer02] is using the same serial number. Please re-install the plug-in with a unique serial number."

Although 'computer02' and my computer are in the same network, we both have unique and legal serials for our trapcode suites and After Effects. I have tried uninstalling Trapcode on both and reinstalling. We even got a third serial and installed it on one of the computers but we are still getting this error.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: Trapcode error, multiple computers with same serial
on Feb 21, 2013 at 7:52:45 pm

Since this product is managed and sold by Red Giant, I suggest you contact their support and open a ticket.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/faq/product-specific/trapcode-parti...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 21, 2013 at 7:59:32 pm

I don't know whether this will help, but here's some information straight from Red Giant Software:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/faq/product-specific/trapcode-parti...

It's oriented toward the Mac - you don't say which platform you're on, but it might lead you to an answer. Have you contacted Red Giant Software about this? Their tech support is quick and excellent.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Nello Santillana
on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:15:27 pm

Hello,

How are you?, You could help in this issue? ... It happens exactly the same, thanks

Return to posts index

Manny Alvarez
on Aug 31, 2015 at 10:23:14 pm

I do not know if you resolved this... I was able to solve it deleting the preferences on mac. LIB>pref and deleted the trapcode ones... Also went to the shared folder and deleted the trapcode folder.... and reseted After effects preferences using comm+opt+Shift. while opening the program.
When I tried to install trapcode it showed like a trial and I was able to put our second serial.... it worked like a charm. now we can use our 2 serials.
I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Hein Potas
on Nov 10, 2016 at 8:25:02 am

Where is this "Shared Folder" you speak of?
I'm trying to re-register my Red Giant products with a new licence, but every time I try to reinstall, the old serials are already there and submitting the new serial does nothing.
Tried following your instructions but I cannot seem to locate this shared folder.

Return to posts index

Guy Van Bogart
on Jan 25, 2017 at 1:19:26 am

Resurrecting this thread since it doesn't quite have a solution and I've found one (for Windows, at least).

In order to completely remove all traces of old licenses, you must uninstall the suite, then find and delete all the ".rgs" files before re-installing. The ".rgs" files are not deleted during the uninstall process and are what makes your old serials seemingly resurect themselves every time you run the installer or change the serial in the "register" menu within the plugin in After Effects.

In Windows, you should find the files to delete in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\RedGiant\Licenses

*Note* you will likely have to change your folder preferences in Windows to show hidden items and/or system folders or you won't see the "ProgramData" folder.

Simply delete the ".rgs" files you see and re-install your Red Giant software. For good measure, you can safely delete both the "RedGiant" and "Red Giant" folders located in the "ProgramData" folder before re-installing, though I doubt it's necessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]