ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects error with file - " file is damaged or unsupported "

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Genero Lundgren
Adobe After Effects error with file - " file is damaged or unsupported "
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:36:30 pm

I am working on a school film and I imported all of the files from my school laptop to my personal computer.
The problem is that especially the recorded video files for some reason cannot be read, After Effects gives me an error saying they are Damaged or Unsupported. but how can they be either of this if they work on my laptop.

Here is a screencap of the error
damaged.jpg

Right now I am guessing it has possibly something to do with my codec pack on my computer, the codec was not installed on intent I want to add. Was automatically installed when I downloaded a video player.
Would greatly appreciate it if I could get help or just tips on how to fix this. Thanks!

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters." - Cus D'amato

Return to posts index

Genero Lundgren
Re: Adobe After Effects error with file - " file is damaged or unsupported "
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:42:10 pm

Might aswell add, I can read the files in Adobe Premiere, but when opening project in After Effects they do not want to work.

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters." - Cus D'amato

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:51:30 pm

Genero

What version of AE you are using?

Try converting .MTS files to some other format like QuickTime with PNG Codec. You can do this from Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder as you said they are ok with it.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Genero Lundgren
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:08:25 pm

[Vishesh Arora] "Genero

What version of AE you are using?

Try converting .MTS files to some other format like QuickTime with PNG Codec. You can do this from Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder as you said they are ok with it."

Version 5.5, I tried converting and replacing with a h.264 file, still gives me the same error for some reason?

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:17:31 pm

I tried converting and replacing with a h.264 file,

Go for QuickTime with PNG/Animation at 100% Codec and check whether the problem occurs again or not.

Vishesh Arora
Films Rajendra

Blog:

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Genero Lundgren
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:32:04 pm

I am dealing with full HD clips, and these settings you want me to use is the biggest format I have ever used before. I have serious doubts that this will work..

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:06:11 am

these settings you want me to use is the biggest format I have ever used before

What do you mean by this? Are talking of File Size? If yes then definitely QuickTime with PNG Codec will be HUGE if you compare it with .H264 with is a highly compressed format.

Quick with PNG Codec is loss-less.

these settings you want me to use is the biggest format I have ever used before

Even people from Adobe suggest this format.

Vishesh Arora
Films Rajendra

Blog:

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]