ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Beam effect doesn't appear after render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristi DinuBeam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 1:31:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering some difficulties with exporting a composition that i've been working on.

I made a small title animation using an animated text layer, an animated Beam effect and also a Lens Flare effect.

It's all neat and performs as planned when i preview via RAM preview inside of After Effects but when i export it and try to preview the rendered video file, the animated Beam effect doesn't appear at all.

As further information, i can say i applied the Beam effect to a solid, added some glow then precomposed it into the final comp.

Any ideas to why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Beam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 4:15:16 pm

Cristi

Its an abnormal behavior. What export settings are you using? Have you tried playing the video in other video players like VLC? A screen shot of timeline and Composition panel would help.

Alternative Solution:

Pre-Render the Beam Effect layer.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Cristi DinuRe: Beam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:01:28 pm

Thank you for taking your time to look over my query, Vishesh.

I've tried exporting it in H264 format, WMV as well. Still the same results. I've been working with video footage for some years now so i'm relatively sure that the problem doesn't come from here.

I've also tried previewing the clip with different players such as VLC, Media Player Classic to no results.

I've also tried pre-rendering the Beam effect composition solely and still it doesn't stick, all i get is black video.

I've attached a print screen of the After Effects interface with the composition and timeline panel visible. I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Beam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:13:54 pm

Cristi
Follow Paul's advice on switching Fast Preview to OFF(Final Quality).

If the RAM Preview works fine then:

Try saving the RAM preview.
After a COMPLETE RAM PREVIEW, go to Composition> Save RAM Preview.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Beam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 4:52:01 pm

If you're running After Effects CS6, check that you're creating your RAM preview with the Fast Previews set to "Off (Final Quality)". If you're looking at your comp in any other mode (eg. Fast Draft), you're not seeing what your final render will be.

Try switching your comp's settings between Ray-traced 3D and Classic 3D to see if that makes any difference. Some effects behave unexpectedly when using Ray-traced 3D.

- Paul

Return to posts index

Anthony MarzilliRe: Beam effect doesn't appear after render
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:23:18 pm

A random guess.... try putting a black solid at the bottom of your stack to give it an actual black background.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]