ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text animation question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Marzilli
Text animation question
on Feb 19, 2013 at 3:22:39 pm

I love this guys work. Frasier Davidson. You can get what I am trying to achieve in the first 2 seconds of the video.... it does continue throughout the video if you want to watch.

His text rotates from the top down and swings a bit. I cant match how it looks!

What I have tried so far is enabling per 3d.... add a rotation animator... move the anchor point to the top... but I cant get the swing at the bottom... or have it fade in nicely the way he does. I can see to add turbulent displacement on the text to give it the jittery look.

I would appreciate any tips. I feel it has to do with two animators on the text but am having trouble figuring it out on my own. Im glad I have you guys here to fall back on. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Text animation question
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:23:28 pm

It appears the letters are being animated by an expression. You'll probably get a speedier reply to your query on the COW's AE Expressions forum.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:27:50 pm

You might try a free preset from Mattrunks called AmorType.

http://www.mattrunks.com/en/tutorials/after-effects/amortype

Modify the first animator to 90 degrees X rotation and adjust the anchor point grouping alignment to -100%.

It looks like the Fraser Davidson example is not fading in but responding to a light in the scene.

Return to posts index

Stef Prein
on Nov 24, 2013 at 9:54:28 am

"Modify the first animator to 90 degrees X rotation and adjust the anchor point grouping alignment to -100%."

This is exactly the answer I was looking for :) Thanks!

Stef Prein
director/motion designer at StudioFets.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.studiofets.com

Return to posts index

Anthony Marzilli
on Feb 19, 2013 at 4:52:27 pm

Ridley.... that is perfect. I fudged with the parameters a bit and its exactly what I was looking for. Added an opacity parameter and it works great.

Dave. You were spot on. Its expressions..... man those guys are smart who write those things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]