ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

transition pull apart from center

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey Amend
transition pull apart from center
on Feb 17, 2013 at 2:26:45 pm

Hi. I've have some idea about using a mask path to reveal and using the alpha mov in FCP. But I'm not sure how to do this:

a map of USA that appears, breaks apart into regions, and reveals new clip.

Clip one…Map grows from center (~.5 seconds)…breaks apart into regions which lift off screen and reveal clip two.

I think I may be getting confused on the idea that the map is a new image…not something that encompasses the entire frame…

Thusfar I've created colored regions (with help from the cow), and created masks that outline this regions and I've got the mask paths animated on a white background (which is now black…?) Sort of losing my train of thought with alpha and transparency and what to do next. Somehow combine the colored map with the masks??

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
Re: transition pull apart from center
on Feb 17, 2013 at 3:51:38 pm

Hie Geoffrey,

"Clip one…Map grows from center (~.5 seconds)…breaks apart into regions which lift off screen and reveal clip two."

I think for the separate regions lifting off the screen part to work the clip has to move with the mask path in z-space..

So you would be better off importing your clip in AE, and creating paths for different regions in which the USA map has to be broken.
Each path should be on a separated layer that will be a duplicated copy of the original footage layer and then animate those layers in Z-space to reveal the 2nd footage ...

However as you mentioned that u already created masks for those regions you can copy and paste these masks on footage layers..

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 17, 2013 at 5:07:22 pm

Consider using the Shatter effect, with the masks defiing the regions being the basis for a custom shatter map:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Amend
on Feb 18, 2013 at 11:59:10 pm

Thank you. I ended up just moving map regions together and then pulling them back out again over transparency to get a quick transition graphic. Thanks.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]