ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 3d camera tracker - Scene scale is way too big

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curry Leamen
AE CS6 3d camera tracker - Scene scale is way too big
on Feb 16, 2013 at 10:17:49 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to track a shot with the 3d camera tracker to then bring into Cinema 4D to use the camera data in C4D.

I'm getting a solid track but when i select tracking points I'm not seeing the target thats supposed to come up. It seems like after effect thinks the points are really far away when they're supposed to be only a few metres from the camera.

When I select a track point and create a solid, the solid is so small that I have to scale it up to 20,000 percent scale to make it the size I was expecting.

The problem is, when I bring it into C4D, the reference solid is so far away from the camera that its well beyond the clipping plain in the viewer. I can start scaling everything down in C4d but its a real pain and not nearly as straight forward as the workflow I've seen in tutorials.

The shot I'm tracking is a 2560X1280 PRORES proxy made from an .R3D red epic file. Im wondering if the high-resolution of the file could be causing AE to think objects are much further away. I'm going to try it again with a 1080P version of the shot but I was really hoping to keep the native res right through to onlining.

Any tips or insight would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Curry

Return to posts index

Curry Leamen
Re: AE CS6 3d camera tracker - Scene scale is way too big
on Feb 16, 2013 at 10:22:51 pm

I just selected a tracking point that inreality should be 3-4 metres from the camera but AE has it at -1977.8884, 5264.4425, 106354.5635

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:34:11 am

Hi Curry
maybe your post has some relationship with my post:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1032077
Hans

Return to posts index

John Fenton
on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:30:39 pm

After you track your footage, right click on one of the tracking targets and select "Create null and camera". Then select the null layer that was created and scale it up so that it is a good size in the viewport. Attach all your the elements you are adding into the scene to this null. Then when you move each element it will move in relation to the scaled up null instead of the tracked world (which has the huge dimensions)

John

Return to posts index

Andrew Goode
on Nov 17, 2015 at 9:37:23 pm

I'm having the same exact issue trying to bring an actor into a CG set.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]