ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

SD or HD project for SD Projector

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dorian CantorSD or HD project for SD Projector
by on Feb 16, 2013 at 2:39:21 pm

My high school runs a video-award contest each year where we show the videos through Keynote (there's various graphic titles that we incorporate that are created in After Effects along with video created in FCPX, so it's just overall easier to put everything in Keynote for our presentation).

We will be playing the Keynote through my 2012 13" MacBook Pro, and use a vga connection from my laptop to the projector.

Having read other post, i regret to inform you that i do not know the exact specifications for the projector, as the tech department seems not to know anything at my school. I can tell you it's definately an SD Projector and our auditorium fits about 600 people, so the projector screen is quite large.

Based off this information, I didn't know if it would be wise to create our graphics in SD 4:3 or HD In either 1440x1080 or some other frame size. Letterboxing is an option, we just want the highest resolution possible that will take up the most of our screen.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: SD or HD project for SD Projector
by on Feb 16, 2013 at 5:21:18 pm

There is no point in creating something with more pixels than the viewing/projecting device can show. Design and render/export at the pixel dimensions of the projector.

However, if you think that you may use the same content in a higher-definition context later (e.g., put on the web), then design for that.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved