ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CS6 Motion Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clarke FlippoAfter Effects CS6 Motion Tracking
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:19:20 pm

Hi. Let me get right into it. I shot a short interview-style video on a green screen. Two shots: one tripod and one handheld. The idea is to edit both the shots together and add a background behind the subject. The key went great and I've got the background on the tripod shot.

We used 4 track markers on the green screen for the handheld shot. What I want to know is - what is the best way to apply the background to the handheld shot, having it follow the handheld movements? I understand motion tracking is involved. Can this be done with 3d camera tracker? Or is Mocha better?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: After Effects CS6 Motion Tracking
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:39:29 pm

If there is not much movement and the trackers are clearly visible, then AE's native tracker would be enough for this job. But if there is motion blur(I don't think it would be there) and AE's native tracker is giving jerky track and you need to go for manual adjustment then its better to go for Mocha AE as it is much powerful than AE's Tracker.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: After Effects CS6 Motion Tracking
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 9:50:28 pm

Yes. you definitely WOULDNT want AEs camera tracker because it needs camera movement through space to get the parallax info needed for a good track. As Vishesh says. Mocha is your best bet.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved