ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HoppeUpgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 6:52:40 pm

Finally received the upgrade package for 3 editing systems. All running CS5 Production Premium. How can I make SURE that I don't blow up the users preferences when I install this update to their system? All of the systems are Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

For the moderators, how about a Creative Suite forum for the questions that apply to more than one "member of the family"?

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:00:19 pm

Preferences for the CS5 applications won't be affected by installing the CS6 applications.

Preferences are not migrated from CS5 to CS6: i.e., the CS6 applications will start with the default preferences, regardless of how the CS5 applications are set up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

James HoppeRe: Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:05:27 pm

If I read your response correctly, the CS5 programs will still be installed and available on their systems after I run the upgrade to CS6? Sorry for sounding like such a noob, but it's been a while since I upgraded an Adobe system without doing a full nuke and reinstall.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:14:11 pm

Yes, that is correct. I am currently using a computer with CS4, CS5, CS5.5, and CS6 programs all installed and working normally.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:52:23 pm

You've heard it from the right person, but just to confirm I also run several versions of CS on my machines with no issues at all.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

James HoppeRe: Upgrading from CS5 to CS6 Production Premium
by on Feb 14, 2013 at 4:02:26 pm

I realized that after reading the second reply a second time. Told my boss and he said nope, CS-5 will be getting removed.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]