ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and second display

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel StoneNVIDIA Quadro 4000 and second display
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45:17 pm

Hey guys,

I just got a new Mac Pro with the NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card. I've got two displays hooked up but the computer only recognizes one. Is there something I'm forgetting to do?

I installed the Cuda driver and, according to the web site, there's nothing else I need to do.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Matthew RobsonRe: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and second display
by on Feb 13, 2013 at 6:25:37 pm

Should work - you've done the obvious like checking cabling? What does display in system settings report?

Return to posts index

Daniel StoneRe: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and second display
by on Feb 14, 2013 at 2:11:40 pm

Thanks so much for the reply!

The system only sees one monitor. I've checked the DVI cables, which seem to be okay. The one thing I haven't checked is the DVI/Display Port adaptor (the short adaptor cable that comes with the card), which I've read has a tendency to arrive faulty.

I'm going to order a new one and give it a try.

Return to posts index

Matthew RobsonRe: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 and second display
by on Feb 14, 2013 at 2:14:12 pm

Don't bother - switch the inputs to test the monitors - eg switch which monitor is plugged into which port.

Then try reseating the gpu card.

Let us know how you get on!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2013 at 5:28:57 pm

Figured it out. The monitor works when I hold the DVI/Display adaptor in the socket on the back of the card and stops working when I let go.

Looks like it's either a bad adaptor or bad socket on the card. I ordered a new adaptor. If that doesn't fix it, it looks like I'll be sending the card back.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 18, 2013 at 3:27:26 pm

Just a quick update in case anyone else has an issue.

I contacted PNY Tech support, who responded once with some questions. After a week I have not heard back so I contacted the place where I bought it.

Apparently these cards are known for faulty display ports, which mine has. And apparently PNY is also known for faulty tech support. So, if you need a functioning card quickly, buy two and return the one that works. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]