ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Option or script to change the default name of a composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LandryOption or script to change the default name of a composition
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 2:02:51 am

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me with this little issue.
So I edit videos for a fashion company and do some final touches is After Effects CS6 (have been using AE for about 6 years now). When I export the videos from Final Cut, they are all labeled according to their style number (ex. M2034 or 156), and I usually have about 100-200 separate videos. When I import them into AE, no problems, then I want to just highlight them all and create a new composition for them as it adds them to the render queue as well and is a huge time saver. Only issue is that it renames all the comps to be one above the file name (ex. Import video titled "M2240" and when I drag it down to the "Create a Composition" button, it creates a composition titled "M2241" instead). I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do a mass composition creations where the compositions are the same as the video file name.

Sorry it is a little scattered, any clarification please ask!

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Option or script to change the default name of a composition
by on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:48:27 am

Chris

ex. Import video titled "M2240" and when I drag it down to the "Create a Composition" button, it creates a composition titled "M2241" instead)

AE don't give the exact name to two different files in the Project Panel until you do it manually. AFAIK there isn't any option for this. May be through some script it may be done. Post this question at Adobe After Effects Expressions Forum and see if someone comes up with a solution for this.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]