ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quadro4000 Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh HancockQuadro4000 Problems
by on Feb 8, 2013 at 5:01:44 pm

I have two MacPro towers. Both are on OSX10.8 using CS6 and the Quadro 4000 cards. One machine, a mid-2010 2.4 GHz Quad-Core with 12GB of RAM is running perfectly. The Ray Tracing and GPU settings in AE are just fine and I have no problems. The other MacPro, an early-2009 2.27 GHz Quad-Core with 10GB of RAM is having issues. It just won't support the GPU or Ray Tracing features in AE.

Earlier, I pulled RAM cards from both and the mid-2010 MacPro still worked fine with 8GB of RAM. The early-2009 MacPro never worked period. So I know that with AT LEAST 8GB of RAM, Ray Tracing and GPU functionality works. At least on a newer machine. Now that the early-2009 has 10GB, I reason that it should be working properly as well, only its not.

I can't see what would be holding it up aside from its build specification. Its a MacPro4,1 while the computer working properly is a MacPro5,1. Has anyone has a similar problem that can speak to what's going on? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Quadro4000 Problems
by on Feb 8, 2013 at 7:47:28 pm

Not having the appropriate drivers is the most common cause of this kind of problem.

This page has a link to where you need to get the appropriate drivers:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved