ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Not understanding a portion of the directions for an AE template

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christine TangNot understanding a portion of the directions for an AE template
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:20:13 am

I know this is very specific to the template I want to use for a portion of a video I am making but if anybody can lend a hand I would very much appreciate it.

The PDF instructions have been uploaded with this post.
5398_helpfile.pdf.zip

I'm stuck on page 3 where I want to swap out the images but the directions are not clear to me.

It is telling me to drag and drop in the specific media composition but the giant reference pictures are showing the Images folder open

Images > Scene A images > 01.jpg - 07.jpg
-- When I delete the images in this folder and put my own in... I thought it would just be centered in the individual product boxes inside the iPad but the entire template images have disappeared

Am I suppose to be dropping the image directly into the comp labeled Scene A instead of going into the Images folder? I've tried dragging/dropping into both Scene A comp and adding my own images in the Images folder...I am doing something wrong because the images are not swapping out.

I am sorry the .pdf instructions haven't been idiot-proofed but I really don't know where I am suppose to be dragging and dropping to swap out the images to use in Scene A - Scene D.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Return to posts index

Jackson RedshawRe: Not understanding a portion of the directions for an AE template
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:24:57 am

I believe if you go to the Original Images used in the Template, up in the left hand Project Files. Right click on one of the images and choose 'Replace...' and replace it with your image. And so on until they are all replaced.

Jackson Redshaw
http://www.youtube.com/MITLRproductions

Return to posts index

Christine TangRe: Not understanding a portion of the directions for an AE template
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:37:03 am

You are amazing! Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]