ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need Inspiration! Gotta anthropomorphise some trophies...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin GrossNeed Inspiration! Gotta anthropomorphise some trophies...
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:29:52 pm

The owner would like me to make a short video with some of our recently won awards swaying back and forth like hands at a rock concert. At least, that's how he explained his idea...

We won a bunch of industry awards again this year. He'd like me to photograph them and then animate them to some rock music. I thought about adding hands to the awards, but I don't have that much Ae skill. Plus I don't want this to take too long. I can do the basic back-and-forth swaying animation, and I have a couple of ideas, but I'd love to know how you guys would start concepting something like this.

I though of starting with a few awards, cutting here and there, then slowly combing dollying back/cutting to more and more awards until there is a sea of them. But I'd like to have a little more interest in the shot. Not sure what that additional interest would be.

Also, what would you reference so as not to make the awards' motion too awkward.

This doesn't have to be amazing. It's just for an internal sales meeting and will be pretty brief. I'm thinking something like the silliness they'd play on the jumbo-tron at a sporting event.

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Need Inspiration! Gotta anthropomorphise some trophies...
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:35:04 pm

Use the motion sketch capability built into the Puppet tools to record the motion of "dancing" with your hand as the music for the spot plays. Easy, fast, natural.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Need Inspiration! Gotta anthropomorphise some trophies...
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:48:13 am

To add on to Todd's idea. you could precomp maybe 3 awards dancing. Use that precomp as a particle source for Trapcode (Red Giant) Particular and use its static particles as the basis of the crowd effect.
Check out my Footloose video down below. The stage and crowd scenes were done with this technique.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved