ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Map Driven Smudge effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WeiMap Driven Smudge effect
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 12:42:19 pm

Hi there folks, I am new here, well I mean I have just made an account as I normally find the info here i need through other posts but in this issue I am at a loss.

Basically I am trying to find a way to effect a layer in my comp with a smudge effect or something similar, driven by some sort of greyscale map much like displacement effect or even the DoF with either native AE effects or a plugin any info would be most welcome as I am pulling what ever little hair I have left out, Which isn't ideal.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Map Driven Smudge effect
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 9:22:24 am

Hi Chris

The explanation is little vague. What exactly you want to create? Any reference would help.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Chris WeiRe: Map Driven Smudge effect
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 10:34:58 am

Erm yeah sorry, What I mean is. Imagine the smudge tool from photoshop or in AE's liquify. But insdead of smudging by hand the effect referenced a grey-scale map/layer in my comp that for example, where the map is 100% black there no smudge and 100% white is smudges in the direction of the movement at a predefined amount. I little bit like the Ring world effect in Lord of the rings when someone puts the ring on? cant seem to get a link to that but maybe you know of what I speak.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved