ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video resize problem in After Effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vipati hiteshVideo resize problem in After Effects.
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:50:14 pm

Hello All,

I have a problem with video size when replacing it.

For example, I have created a cube with six solids of 4in x 4in x 4in. Now I need to replace different videos with that solids frequently. See below image :

When I replace video or photo by ALT + Drag it becomes differnt size. Even I import and replace a photo of 4in x 4in, it becomes differnt size. See below image :

In short, I want to create some animations and effects and then need to replace phots and videos frequently. So which is the fast and easy way for this???

At this time I have to resize it manually and it takes so much time.

I am sure that there must be some easy way. Please help me.

Sorry for my poor English. I hope you can understand what I want to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Vipati

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Video resize problem in After Effects.
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:00:04 pm

Alt+drag does not preserve the size of your footage when replacing. It preserves the scale of your footage. You should make sure that the solid layers you're using to lay things out are the right pixel size and uniformly scaled (all scale values are the same).

In the example you posted the blue solid has a scale of [40,50,50] (x,y,z) so any image you replace it with via alt+drag will also be scaled by 40% on the x-axis and 50% on the y-axis.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

vipati hiteshRe: Video resize problem in After Effects.
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:45:15 pm

Hello Darby Edelen,

Thank you for your reply. I got your point but is there any easy way to replace video with same size?

Today evening I was trying some more options and I came to know about "Set Proxy". By using set proxy I got the result what I want but when I render the video it was rendering blue solid and not that video which was set in proxy. How to render video selected as set proxy???

Well, thanks again for your time and effort.

Return to posts index

vipati hiteshRe: Video resize problem in After Effects.
by on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:01:08 pm

Hello Darby Edelen,

Thanks for your reply and help. I got the solution. All I need to do is enable Use Proxy in render settings.

Thanks again to all users.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]