ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Altwegeris there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:44:50 pm

hello,

i have a simple shot, no camera movement, on a tripod. a person in front of a wall.
i also have a shot of only the wall, as a safety background.

is there a way to key out everything that does not move, in this case, the wall?
i know how to mask and how to use rotobrush, i'm looking for something much more simple and fast. like a matte that reacts to movement.

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:58:51 pm

thres and effect called difference matte that does what you are asking, but it doesn't normally work quite as well as you'd think.

you are often battling video noise and compression artifacts or any minute change in the backgound (like any background movement or lighting shift if shooting outdoors).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

David AltwegerRe: is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:01:50 pm

i'll give that a try, thank you!

Return to posts index

David AltwegerRe: is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:06:13 pm

lol you where certainly right on that one. it's pretty flimsy.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:24:53 pm

i've heard of people trying difference matte with aharon's 'super-tight junk mattes' keying procedure (you can search for it in the tutorials section here), but i've not heard how well it worked in the end...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: is there a way to key out everything that does not move / does move?
by on Feb 6, 2013 at 6:47:32 pm

And to add to Kevin's comment about the super-tight junk matte, there's this: when you need to do a chroma key, do a chroma key. Don't hurt yourself later on by assuming you can do it in post.

Rotobrush may help a lot, but it's not the automatic solution you seem to seek, and it will take some time. But now that you have no other choice, you're sort of stuck with Rotobrush, masking frame-by frame or with the difference key....

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Feb 7, 2013 at 3:22:31 pm

thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]