Hi all, I don't know whether I'm posting in the right forum, what with me being new and all, so just bear with me for one minute here...
I've recently purchased a Samsung Series 5 pc, with a 3rd gen i7 intel core at 2.4GHZ, 1TB hard disk drive, 8gb ram + 8gb ExpressCache and according to the device manager, I have a Intel HD Graphics 4000 as well as a NVIDIA GT650M card.
Ao, I'm wondering whether my computer will be able to support AE with these specs? I had AE on my old Dell Inspiron N4010, but it lagged so badly i had to force restart the whole system. Also, how do I check for a uh, OpenGL 2.0 system? On a side note, I assume that my computer can handle Sony Vegas Pro 12 safely without lagging or crashing.
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (Intel Core™ i3, i5, or i7 or AMD Phenom® II recommended); 64-bit support required
- 64-bit operating system required: Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 or Windows® 7
- 2 GB of RAM
- 3 GB of available hard-disk space plus 2 GB of space for optional content; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- 1280 x 800 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible video adapter
- DVD-ROM drive
- QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for QuickTime features
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an ongoing basis*
If your system is preloaded with 8gigs of RAM then I can only assume the Windows OS is 64bit.
The Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics, thanks to a Google search, should support OpenGL v4 so it meets AE requirements.
Your system will certainly work, but laptop workstations always leave something to be desired in the speed of their CPUs so expect render times to lag. You'll be able to get work done but if you do it professionally, make sure you manage time.