ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation Transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David LaRockAnimation Transition
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 1:28:56 pm

Hey,

I'm fairly new to creating info graphic animations but want to get better.

I've been trying to figure out how to re create this transition but can't seem to figure it out.

The transition is the one at around 1:54 where the page kind of folds.

If anyone can help me out that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Animation Transition
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 1:43:44 pm

David

CC Page Turn effect(Go to Effects>Distort>CC Page Turn) would do the trick.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Animation Transition
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:50:47 pm

See the Example:

5363_ccpageturn.zip

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Animation Transition
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 3:19:13 pm

That looks like a bought transition from some NLE transition package, but it can be easily recreated in AE.

Assuming a 1280x720 comp.(need to determine a size, because there's some math in this one)
Step 1: Place Outgoing shot & Incoming shot into there own precomps.
Step 2: Create a Final comp and drop both shot into it.
Step 3: On the outgoing comp, create a mask that divides the comp at the fold line. Copy this mask to the incoming comp. Duplicate both comps, twirl open the mask properties of the duplicates and change the mask to inverted.(If it helps rearrange the stacking order of your comps, and rename them with "_top" "_bottom") You should have a full screen shot right now.
Step 4. Take Incoming top and move it from 640x360 to 640x0. Take Incoming bottom and move it to 640x720.(You are moving them to the top and bottom of the screen).
Step 5. Enable 3D for all the comps.
Step 6 Select the Outgoing Top and set keyframes for Position and Rotation. Move forward 1 second and change the X rotation to 90 and the position to 640,360,360.(this moves back half the distance of Y in Z space, so as we rotate the comp, it will pull the Incoming Top into the right position. If this is confusing...skip the position step and watch what happens to the incoming shot, it will be about 360 pixels forward and larger than you wanted)
Step 7. Copy the position and rotation keyframes from top and paste them into bottom. Change the x rotation from positive 90 to -90.
Step 8. Go to the first keyframe and now parent Incoming_Top to Outgoing_Top and Incoming_Bottom to Outgoing Bottom
Step 9. Optional---I added a light to my scene to enhance that it was 3Dish...

Here's an example project to help you see what I did. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help out/explain more: 5364_transition3dfolder.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David LaRockRe: Animation Transition
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:39:51 pm

What is NLE? Would I be able to purchase a transition like that?

Wow mate, that works very well. I will have a go and try and re create it myself :)

Cheers!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Animation Transition
by on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:52:52 am

NLE is a non linear editor, like an Avid or Final Cut Pro. The transitions look like some standard 3D transition pack you would add to a system, though I can't say for a 100%, it's not one I have on my Avid. The way I described and in the example project would be the way I would make that transition.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]