ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin O'Donnellmotion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:29:11 pm

Hello all, I have an issue.

I have a series of motion paths in photoshop that when copied into my comp are a lot smaller that the comp size. I am copying the path details to a null that particular is using to create light beam movement.

the thing is that I have created quite a few already and the new set that I have (the small ones) were done by someone else.

I have increased the scale of the masks, which are all in one shape layer but when I copy the mask path to the null it reverts to the original size.

the object is a man, and is broken down to left, right, head, left leg, light leg so when scaled they all have to fit together.

There has to be a way of increasing the overall paths scale to then copy the individual parts without having to then manually scale them up

help help help.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 9:23:21 am

Colin

This tutorial will help :

The Secret to Scaling a Motion Path in After Effects

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Colin O'DonnellRe: motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:35:01 pm

thanks, that would do it but would be a long process because i have a lot of instances.

turns out i can do it in Photoshop, I increased the canvas size to match the comp but it caused the same result that I had when I asked the question. However if I then went to the image size and increased that 300% everything did what it was suppose to.

thank you anyway.

Regards

Colin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]