ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin O'Donnell
motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
on Feb 1, 2013 at 1:29:11 pm

Hello all, I have an issue.

I have a series of motion paths in photoshop that when copied into my comp are a lot smaller that the comp size. I am copying the path details to a null that particular is using to create light beam movement.

the thing is that I have created quite a few already and the new set that I have (the small ones) were done by someone else.

I have increased the scale of the masks, which are all in one shape layer but when I copy the mask path to the null it reverts to the original size.

the object is a man, and is broken down to left, right, head, left leg, light leg so when scaled they all have to fit together.

There has to be a way of increasing the overall paths scale to then copy the individual parts without having to then manually scale them up

help help help.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
on Feb 2, 2013 at 9:23:21 am

Colin

This tutorial will help :

The Secret to Scaling a Motion Path in After Effects

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Colin O'Donnell
Re: motion path scale increase will not copy to null for particular
on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:35:01 pm

thanks, that would do it but would be a long process because i have a lot of instances.

turns out i can do it in Photoshop, I increased the canvas size to match the comp but it caused the same result that I had when I asked the question. However if I then went to the image size and increased that 300% everything did what it was suppose to.

thank you anyway.

Regards

Colin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]