ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Footage appears green

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blahtor Magnus
Footage appears green
on Jan 29, 2013 at 3:11:37 am

I was trying to render a few AE templates when I noticed that some of the layers appear green in the preview window.
I have been using these AE templates many times before with no problem. They have been great to work with up until now.

I am running Windows 7 and my AE version is CS5.
I installed the trial for CS6 and the same problem was present.
Some of the templates show as entirely green, others only show green elements here and there.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?
I tried to set the Compatibility option to Windows 7 and to run as Administrator. It didn't change anything.
I read that this problem could possibly be caused by QuickTime, however I haven't changed or upgraded my QuickTime in awhile. At least not to my knowledge (maybe it updated itself without me knowing it?).

Anyway, I just want to know what is causing the green footage problem and how to solve it.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Footage appears green
on Jan 29, 2013 at 7:58:32 am

Did you install any drivers- AJA maybe?
Can you preview the elements directly in QT with no issues?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:13:36 pm

[Tudor "Ted" Jelescu] "Can you preview the elements directly in QT with no issues?"

yep... when you don't have the codec (or quicktime component) installed that a quicktime file was encoded with, then the footage will normally appear green in quicktime.

if you choose window>show inspector in quicktime (in v7, x may be different), then you should be able to find what codec was used to encode the file.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Blahtor Magnus
on Jan 29, 2013 at 10:07:45 pm

The main elements are stills (jpg).

However, there are a QuickTime elements too and I think they are messing the layers underneath them, making them green.
Most of the QuickTime elements play OK in QuickTime Player, but some of them do not play at all and the program reports a missing CoreVideo.dll.
At the same time all QuickTime elements play just fine and without any problems in Media Player Classic, which does not report any missing dll files.
I installed the newest version of QuickTime and this did not help.

I suspect the green problem could be caused by a blending mode issue in After Effects. The projects are made with an older version of AE and maybe CS5 is messing things up when it is converting them to its current version in order to use them.
But this is just a speculation.

I am still trying to figure out what is causing the green problem.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:42:31 am

Blahtor

At the same time all QuickTime elements play just fine and without any problems in Media Player Classic, which does not report any missing dll files.

Do you have K-Lite Codec Pack(since you have Media Player Classic which comes with it) installed in your system?

If yes then go through this thread :

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1010663

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Jan 30, 2013 at 10:48:22 am

Also try to install the missing .dll file :

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?corevideo

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Blahtor Magnus
on Feb 4, 2013 at 10:10:11 am

Yes, I do have K-Lite codec pack installed.
I checked that thread out and it said that I should remove K-lite codec pack and then reinstall my Adobe Software.
I may do this, but what should I replace the codecs from K-Lite with?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]