ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem that's pissing me off

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco FalconeProblem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:08:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Adobe, but bloody hell Adobe pissing me off right now.

I'm trying to render out a 40 minute film shot in 1080p for DNxHD as it's final output. You may ask me why I don't use PNG codec—I'm going to plug an HDMI in via laptop, and it just lags too much, both on my laptop and desktop—25 hours worth of rendering that made me realize this.

So, anyways, for some stupid reason, while AE is rendering, it just stops. Adobe just freezes. Not randomly, at a specific frame each time. This also happened before, but the problem was solved by pre-composing the sequence.

What is completely retarded is that there is NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS FRAME: No special effort, no special grading, no stabilizing NOTHING.

This is really driving me crazy, especially after about 15, 16, 17 attempts at rendering.

Can anyone help me??

Return to posts index

Viktor TornforsRe: Problem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:26:18 pm

I had some problems when rendering to both DNxHD and Avid Meriden. Getting corrupt frames, duplicated frames and failed renders.

Nowadays I always render my compositions as an image-sequence, and then compress it in another program. This way I never had any problems. And if the render fails it can continue from where i t left off.

Last time I delivered in DNxHD, I imported the image sequence into Media Composer as a DNxHD and exported it as Same as Source. But you could also use a program like Media Encoder.

22 year old motion designer from Sweden.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Problem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:27:45 pm

Have you tried rendering to a different codec?

Return to posts index

Stefan HinzeRe: Problem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:35:27 pm

to me it sounds like the datastream is corrupt.
Maybe you can export THAT one clip in a (maybe MOV Losless) other format, replace it and render...

Exports in image sequenzes are things you learn the hard way ;)

Keep it up!

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Problem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 8:45:02 pm

Adobe these days suggest using Adobe Media Encoder to export projects from AE. Give that a try. You might get better results.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Problem that's pissing me off
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 9:16:20 pm

if the file size of the rendered file is crashing when the file gets to around 4gb, then check the format of the drive. if it is fat32, then you'll need to reformat to create larger files.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved