ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Falling Objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian LeoFalling Objects
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 12:47:11 pm

Hi all. I am doing a scene where a person falls off a balcony, and I have already keyed out the person, and filmed the balcony. I want the person to be falling, but from the top view, where the camera is in top and filming downwards. Do I animate the scale? Or the Position Z? And is there any expression for this? The only expression I know of is one that is used to animate the Y position. If any one knows of one, do please help! I need to complete this project of mine very soon. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Falling Objects
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 2:12:57 pm

Ian

I would suggest you making the Layer 3D and then animate the position Z instead of animating the Scale Value.

Animating scale with High Value creates a Jerky Motion because of the Math used in it.

See the tutorial:

http://allbetsareoff.com/tutorials/fixing-scaling-issues-part-1/

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Falling Objects
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 9:15:15 pm

Just curious, here -- how did you solve the problem of the person hitting the ground and going SPLAT! when he/she hits?

Broken bones... split-open skulls... lots of blood... bodies contorted into unnatural poses... brain goop flying all over the place... ugh. That must be some shot.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ian LeoRe: Falling Objects
by on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:38:00 pm

I have tried doing the same for Position Z, but the overall result looks similiar. The problem is when I create two key frames, one of the person above and one where he is below, the animation seems to go at different speeds. He seems to be slow at the start and suddenly go very quick. I have tried using Easy Ease and stuff. Do I have to click on Exponential Scale? Thanks.

As for the other question, haha, there's only a scene where the person falls off , and just before he hits the ground, I cut to a different scene, ha, I know, sucks right? Would love to see some blood

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Falling Objects
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:07:44 am

Ian

Scale will create problem when the change in value is huge.

He seems to be slow at the start and suddenly go very quick.

If you want linear animation, Select the keyframes in Time-Line, Right Click>Keyframe Interpolation and then choose Linear for both Temporal and Spatial Interpolation.

For more info :

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]