ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Good way to animate color changes not using hue, curves, levels

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
viking jonssonGood way to animate color changes not using hue, curves, levels
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:48:32 am

Hello,

Just want to say that I really appreciate all the help I have got from CreativeCow-members. Big thanks.

Well now I need some advice again. I have made a animation with a logotype that folds up.

The logotype is made of squares, I have masked every square and set the anchor point so it connects with the square infront, then I just rotate the squares in Y-axis from 90 to 0.

It looks good, but now I would like to keep changing the colors at the sametime as the fold up keeps happening.

The logotype is really colorful to begin with. I testet to animate a hue-wheel but I always got really ugly colors.. I've tested with levels and curves as well.

So my next attempt is to uses solids that changes color. Here is where my question comes (finally)

Is there any script I can write to get the solid to change colors that I have decided? So not any random colors, I would love it to have a bit of fade between changes.

Regards
Viking Jonsson

Big thanks

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Good way to animate color changes not using hue, curves, levels
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:57:34 am

viking

There are many ways to do so.

one of the easiest way is to use Fill Effect(Effects>Generate>Fill).

Then animate the fill color as required.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Good way to animate color changes not using hue, curves, levels
by on Jan 25, 2013 at 1:05:57 pm

It looks good, but now I would like to keep changing the colors at the sametime as the fold up keeps happening.

Are these random color changes, or is there a specific color pattern you need. Need some more detail about the color before a script/expression can be written.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]