ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Canvas Resolution Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack StewartCanvas Resolution Problem
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 4:19:32 pm

I am getting stuck with my animation. I have made this cool animation of the camera moving over the world and bits of text appear on the 2D surface.

The comp needs to be HD 1920 x 1080 so I have made my illustrator image that I want to move the camera over much bigger. It is actually 5443 x 3062. Thats 5K and its massive!

Have I gone about this in the wrong way? Should I have just made the image that I want to move around a lot smaller when I important it into AE, so the RAM can handle it?

Anyways... I managed to get through the whole animation in 2D. With the camera panning around but now my client has asked me to make parts of it pop up and go into 3d perspective which means I am having to rotate 5443 x 3062 pixels and then start moving the camera around. My computer keeps getting stuck even with 16GB of RAM.

I'm about to give up on the 3D bit and just ask to submit the 2D animation.

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong in my workflow?

I have included an example still frame to show you what it looks like.

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Canvas Resolution Problem
by on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:38:11 am

If it's an AI file, you should be able to work at your desired output rez, which is 1920x1080. This should lessen the load on RAM - as you already know. For the pop-ups, you can look at using Effect>Distort>Magnify effect.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Jack StewartRe: Canvas Resolution Problem
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 9:24:26 am

Thanks for this helpful reply.

I have noticed where I went wrong. The illustrator project was in millimetres and not pixels.

School boy error.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved