ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't render quicktime out of after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt MacDonaldCan't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 12:01:56 am

Yesterday I rendered 3 things as an .mov file. Today start up after effects, and I created a REALLY important project. I need to render it as an .mov but there just isn't the option. Under render format there is no QuickTime option. Please help ASAP, because this is a VERY important project.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:34:31 am

Matt

This happens when quicktime is not installed. But you already rendered some files as.mov which means it is there on ur system.

Try installing it again with updates. It may help. Also check whether it is available in Adobe Media Encoder or not?

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 4:36:59 pm

See this:
"Troubleshooting QuickTime errors with After Effects"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Matt MacDonaldRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Jan 26, 2013 at 4:46:26 pm

I figured out the cause of the problem. I did a disk clean-up and ever since then after effects has had countless errors. If anyone has a solution to this PLEASE help. I have tried deleting both after effects' and QuickTime's preferences. I have tried every single thing I have read and NOTHING works. I am so desperate to get this working and any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:08:57 pm

> I did a disk clean-up and ever since then after effects has had countless errors.

That makes it sound like you accidentally removed some essential files. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling both QuickTime and the Adobe applications.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Matt MacDonaldRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:27:06 am

I have already reinstalled both after effects and QuickTime. this didn't seem to fix the problem.

Return to posts index

antonio cerroRe: Can't render quicktime out of after effects
by on Jan 27, 2014 at 5:48:49 am

I had the same problem this morning, I realized that the .mov files weren´t aloud to open with quicktime as default, so I changed it (right mouse button/open with/choose default program).
It worked for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]