ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Text reveal - up then down

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guilherme OliveiraText reveal - up then down
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:15:47 pm

I'm trying to get a text revealing effect with some masks and text animators. Here's what I want:

I animated every letter individually to get this result but it's not as fluid and smooth as I want.

The goal here is the characters coming from "under the floor", up a little bit and then "sitting" on the final position. I'm pretty sure that there's a easier way to do so by using text animators or something like that because letter by letter animation takes a really long time.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text reveal - up then down
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:12:37 pm

The term for this is called "overshoot", so if you want to explore other options, that's what you are looking for.

You can do it with a couple of text animators, one for up and one for down. Here's a quick little project I made. I just offset the "start" position and the "upper" to create the bounce Take a look at the project and if you have any questions, let me know.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Guilherme OliveiraRe: Text reveal - up then down
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:24:02 pm

Now that I know the name I found a bunch of stuff about it! Thanks and thanks for the project

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved