ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixel Motion screws up my clip.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Cookies
Pixel Motion screws up my clip.
on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:45:38 pm

I'm using After Effects CS 4.0.

Whenever I render a clip that has Frame Blending(Pixel Motion), the clip gets messed up.
At some moments of the clip, the top left corner in the picture(in most cases) starts shaking/trembling.

Please help me on how I can resolve this issue, it's really annoying and I really want to use pixel motion to make the slow motions smoother.

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: Pixel Motion screws up my clip.
on Jan 22, 2013 at 12:16:52 am

It would be helpful to know the type of footage (avi, mov, mts etc) and whether it is a compressed file (mpg, h.264, HDV) etc.

Without know the particulars, I suspect that you may be working with a source file with a long GOP. Since this type of footage has no actual frames and must be reconstituted in After Effects, applying frame blending or reducing the speed of the footage will produce unpredictable results like those you describe.

If this is the case, render out the original footage in an uncompressed format, import the uncompressed file into After Effects, add this to a new Comp adjust the speed/frame blending as desired, then render that.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:13:28 am

The Timewarp effect uses the same underlying code as frame blending set to pixel motion, but the effect has more controls for fine tuning. Give it a shot. If you upload an example of the problem that you're having, we may be able to help more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Daniel Cookies
on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:23:36 am

@Ridley
The type of footage is AVI, and I'm rendering it to Quick Time(animation). I tried rendering to other formats but the issue still appears.

@Todd
Thanks for the fast reply,
I'm editing a World of Warcraft clip, here is a shot:

You can see how the picture screws up in the top left corner and in the top right corner.

I tried adding Time Warp but when I add this effect, the preview becomes laggy and the frames have to be rendered first before I can preview the clip, and the rendering is slow indeed.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:06:19 am

That is a crazily hard shot for any motion vector system to work with; it involves a lot of fast, jerky, circular motions, which are going to be very hard to track and convert to motion vectors.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Daniel Cookies
on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:49:56 am

So I should skip using Frame Blending?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]