ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting from AE to game engines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Martin HenningsenExporting from AE to game engines
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:41:04 pm

Hi everyone. I've often come by these forums when looking for answers to different AE related questions, and I've found lot's of good tips and tricks.

Now I hope that some of the experts here can help me with a question I haven't been able to find an answer to:

Is it possible, to animate a puppet-character in AE, and export the raw animation data to a format that can be read by a game engine? I know it's possible to export XML data, but this only works with the most basic properties such as rotation, position, scale and opacity. If I animate a puppet using parented items, the XML exporter doesn't export this relationship, making it very difficult to animate even simple characters.

How would I go about animating a character in AE, and exporting it for use in a IOS game for example? Quciktime with alpha channel, png-streams or something else?

There's gonna be quite a few animations like this one in the game, so performance plays an important role in a solution.

Best regards

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Exporting from AE to game engines
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 9:43:53 am

Can't say much about How IOS works but I read in a blog that QuickTime Animation is not supported(according to a blog).

You can use APNG codec which is somewhat like GIF but also retains the alpha channel.

You may want to look at this:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved