ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixel motion is completely ineffective

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Wable-KeenePixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:42:57 pm

I have some footage that I want to slow down, and I don't want to have it slow down the clip like normal (duplicating the frames accordingly) because it looks choppy, but when I turn its layer on Pixel Motion mode (under frame blending options, obviously), it just slows it down like normal, duplicating frames. Isn't pixel motion supposed to interpolate the pixel data and all that stuff? At least, not literally nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Jeff BrownRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 20, 2013 at 7:29:31 pm

You might try Twixtor from re:Vision Effects. I believe you can get a demo/trial version.
I have no experience with Pixel Motion, as I have been using Twixtor for several years.

Return to posts index

Herbie HumperdinkRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 20, 2013 at 9:18:14 pm

Kronos is also an option. I never used it.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:03:55 am

Morgan

None of the plugin will give you 100 % accurate result. You have to mask some area where it looks choppy.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:47:19 pm

> Kronos is also an option.

That's what After Effects uses for Pixel Motion in frame blending (and for the Timewarp effect).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:26:25 pm

[Morgan Wable-Keene] "I have some footage that I want to slow down, and I don't want to have it slow down the clip like normal (duplicating the frames accordingly) because it looks choppy, but when I turn its layer on Pixel Motion mode (under frame blending options, obviously), it just slows it down like normal, duplicating frames. Isn't pixel motion supposed to interpolate the pixel data and all that stuff? At least, not literally nothing. Am I doing something wrong?"

You've enabled frame blending [link] for the layer, but it sounds like you haven't enabled it for the composition. Click the Frame Blending switch (looks like this: [img shows in forum, not email])on the top of the timeline panel.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jan VorkRe: Pixel motion is completely ineffective
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 1:20:38 pm

Don't forget to turn it on in the layer-switches AND the comp switches to see the effect in your preview.

http://www.jaydude.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]