ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Long distance 3D pan on video footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Strandgaard
Long distance 3D pan on video footage
on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:12:16 pm

Hi!

I have recently (re)discovered an effect in a film that really blow me away! I am talking about a 3D panning between two camera's filming a kitesurfer from up in the air to down on the ground. The footage stops as the transition is made, however it is still unclear to me how to achieve this. I have tried out creating a paralax effect with a still image, and I guess that is part of the solution, but it seems like there is still a long way to go :-).

Take a look:

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Long distance 3D pan on video footage
on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:16:22 pm

Timecode please---it really helps when you include that, most of us don't have the time to watch 8 minutes of video to find one effect.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Martin Strandgaard
on Jan 18, 2013 at 5:24:45 pm

I am sorry. I linked to a specific time code, but the link was replaced with the video.

The effect takes place at 2:38

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 19, 2013 at 2:14:09 pm

I downloaded the video from youtube, watched it frame by frame and I don't have a clue how that was pulled off. You might want to try and contact some of the people associated with the production, there are a few emails listed at the end of the video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Jan 21, 2013 at 1:04:55 pm

Martin

It seems that the whole scene is created in 3D and then final composting is done to match the camera angles. Its just a guess so I would suggest you to go with John.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]