ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Why are my images all pixely when i zoom in?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Faciane
Why are my images all pixely when i zoom in?
on Jan 18, 2013 at 5:51:12 am

So I've got some images I've taken from photoshop (1920x1080), but when I import them into ae and zoom in to their faces, they look all 8-bit. I need smooth, clear lines at any resolution. I've read up on vector vs raster, so I got illustrator and made some images in it and then imported to ae (making sure to click the continuous raster button) and scaled my new .ai files down to fit my comp. But when I scale them down into my 1920x1080 comp and zoom in, they are just as 8-bit (pixely) as the photoshop files. Yes, my resolution is set to full and yes, I my other button is set to off(final quality). Why did I pay all this money for 8-bit quality? Help please.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Why are my images all pixely when i zoom in?
on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:00:22 am

Are you scaling the layer or upping the zoom level in the viewer?

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Jan 18, 2013 at 11:33:58 am

Justin

I believe you are viewing your comp in Wrong Zoom Percentage. Also check whether the Quality of Images are set to Best. Right Click on Image Layer, Select Quality> Best.

See the image below:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:28:04 pm

So I've got some images I've taken from photoshop (1920x1080), but when I import them into ae and zoom in to their faces, they look all 8-bit. I need smooth, clear lines at any resolution.

If these are bitmap images the images will degrade as you zoom in. AE has to interpolate what the image should look like based on the pixels and as you zoom an area of say 200x200 pixels to 1000x1000 you will get a worse image.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Justin Faciane
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:05:41 pm

So I originally found out that I was just zooming it like 800% in the bottom left of the screen. But then I found out the difference between zooming with a camera and just using my mouse to zoom in. However, in order for the camera to work, the layers have to be 3D which is killing my performance and efficiency. Is there a way to zoom in on a 2D layer without losing quality?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]