ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Fonts in alphabetical order

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel SanchezFonts in alphabetical order
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:39:56 pm

I´m having an issue since a long time that didn´t bother me so much until i installed several new fonts in my system. Now i have plenty of characters but it´s difficult to find the one needed within AE as they´re not showing in alphabetical order in the character pannel. Why?

It also happens in Photoshop or Premiere Pro. I can´t figure out how to change this, as i have found no setting to do it. Is there any way?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Fonts in alphabetical order
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 3:57:12 pm

I don't believe that there is any setting to change this. Generally, the font name is pulled from inside the font file, so changing the name of the file itself wouldn't help.

I have upwards of 400 fonts on my system. A great shortcut to find your font is to select the current font in the typefaces panel, then hit the key which corresponds to the first letter of the font name you want to use (Example: type Z for Zapf Dingbats). That's about as good as it's going to get...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Gabriel SanchezRe: Fonts in alphabetical order
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 10:58:06 pm

Thanks Joseph for your answer. Actually i know that i can search the font i want by using this method, but i was only curious about why Adobe apps don´t show fonts in alphabetical order while other apps do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved