ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D switch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
iam suneal3D switch
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:10:12 am

i was remaking the AE intro video made by Andrew Kramer( even if selecting 3D option for a layer it was not switching 3D in output video.
image 1. intro video
image 2. my video

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: 3D switch
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:20:59 am

Particles are 3D in nature. You don't have to Enable the 3D switch for particle layer.

If you go to Producer attribute in Effects panel, you will notice that their are parameters for X, Y and Z radius. This means particle effect is interacting in 3d Space.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

iam sunealRe: 3D switch
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:13:31 pm

What u r talking is right. But what do u think after seeing my comp images?
Have a look at my images.
U can see that the 3D tab being selected for logo layer, still its nt aligning in 3D with particl layer.
I wil be shortly uploading 2 videos for demo.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: 3D switch
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:30:26 pm

In the image where you get the AE warning, turn off 3D for the layer. Particle emitters like CC Particle World and Particular, use AE's 3D space, can interact with cameras, but they are not true 3D effects. Just for an example enable 3d on a CC Particle layer, twirl open your rotation and rotate the X axis. It becomes flat, because it's not really 3D.

It's that limitation why your second picture the logo and particles are not interacting correctly. You can use the camera to get the particles to rotate with the logo. But based on the layer stack, the particles will always be on top of the logo.

If you use trapcode particular, you can set the logo layer as an obscuration layer and particular will look at it's position in Z space and block out the particles behind it. It also has other methods for turning off particles based on position in Z-space.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved