ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Happy 20th Anniversary After Effects!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin MonahanHappy 20th Anniversary After Effects!
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 7:33:59 pm

I wanted to let you all know that it is After Effects 20th Anniversary! Over the next month, you'll see some cool events, blogs, articles, videos, and more. Check out the AE & Me blog here:

How did After Effects affect your career?

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Happy 20th Anniversary After Effects!
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 10:01:02 pm

Thanks for making me feel really old!

I remember the days when it was CoSA After Effects....none of this parenting or expressions, if we had 32K of RAM and half a floppy disk we were considered rich, had to lick road clean wi'tongue, blah blah blah blah...

Happily, After Effects IS my career! It used to be Quantel Henry and Editbox in the days when Macs just weren't up to the task of running AE in client-attended sessions. I was very happy when the time came when the hardware caught up with the software.

I could reminisce for hours......

- Paul

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Happy 20th Anniversary After Effects!
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18:22 pm

CoSA After Effects- haven't heard that name in a while Paul... I started on a Flame and wished I could do some cool stuff on my G3 Mac at home (first gen- no rounded corners funky box yet). I actually read the manual and got excited about that day far in the future when I could do on a desktop what I did on the Silicon Graphics monsters... Now I'm all AE and the package has become so powerful as a standalone, but even more with the 3rd party plugins and as part of the Creative Suite. Looking back at other promising software that started great, got bought out and then faded in the darkness, all I can say is great job Adobe!

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Happy 20th Anniversary After Effects!
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 11:35:30 pm

Here's my blog entry about what After Effects has meant to me:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

John KaleyRe: Happy 20th Anniversary After Effects!
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 1:50:21 pm

AE user since 1996. It was Mac only and was $2000 for the "Production" version. AE has been the cornerstone of my software and really seems like an old friend to this day. Congrats to AE and Abobe!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved