ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Traveling boxes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose AlfaroTraveling boxes
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 5:29:37 pm

Need some help on something I've tried to accomplish but it is not working for me, no matter how much I adjust parameters. It should be a simple effect but I just can't make it happen. So here I go. Timeline is six seconds. At zero frame, and on the left side, there is already a box zooming out with the Basic 3D plugin to give depth. At three seconds, while continuing traveling, this layer "bends" into a duplicated layer (40 % scaled) to stop right on the center of the screen. I've applied "trkmatte" to both layers at their interception points. And here is my problem: I can't make both layers to match the end point. It is either earlier/later or bigger/smaller. I match the interception point right were the bending happens but then the ending doesn't match. Any suggestion?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Traveling boxes
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 6:00:23 pm

A screenshot where the problem occurs would help.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Traveling boxes
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:43:08 pm

---- I would say its worth checking ...

1 ) the animation curves

2 ) that the key-frames accurately line up

3 ) that there is not an extra keyframe tucked away close to another that has been added in error ---- if I suspect this I zoom into thath part of the timeline to check and it amazing how ofter I finf something that not intended !

------------- all the best ------chris ---

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved