ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quick question, changing timing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthew chapmanQuick question, changing timing
by on Jan 13, 2013 at 10:18:08 pm

Hi All-
I have a few composites that were made animating and lighting PNGs in 3-D space in AE.

I didn't have timing from the director when I started, and now that I do I find that several of the pieces are too long (I aimed long instead of short).

The compositions have quite a few keyframes, but I just want to speed them up. I'd prefer to just shrink the time of the compositions without doing and time re-mapping or anything like that. Is that possible?

Most comps are 4 seconds and I want to make them 2.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Quick question, changing timing
by on Jan 13, 2013 at 11:07:42 pm You can expand/contract keyframes.

Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Quick question, changing timing
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 4:32:37 am

You can drag your long composition onto the comp button at the bottom of the project panel to create a new composition with the long comp as the only footage item, then apply time remapping and pull in the last keyframe to 2 seconds.

Time remapping by this method in the case of keyframed animation is exactly the same as stretching the keyframes in the source (long) composition, but I find much easier.

Is there any specific reason you didn't want to use time remapping? It's really the easiest way to remap keyframed animations and you lose nothing.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

matthew chapmanRe: Quick question, changing timing
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 10:19:20 pm

Thanks Darby, I will use that method. I didn't want to get any artifacting or aliasing since they are still PNG's being animated over time with lights, etc. But it seems that will work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved