ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Hide null outline in composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin ParsonsHide null outline in composition
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:15:13 pm

The null I created in my timeline shows up as a red square even when I don't have it selected - this happens with lights and cameras as well. Is there a way to have their outlines hidden unless selected?

I went into View Options from the Composition window but both the Camera Wireframes and Spotlight Wireframes were already set to "When Selected" so I'm not sure what to do.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Hide null outline in composition
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:16:46 pm

Dustin

Press "Cntrl/Cmnd + Shift + H".

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Dustin ParsonsRe: Hide null outline in composition
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:39:12 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Vishesh! Sorry, I should have mentioned that I don't want to turn off Show Layer Controls for all objects. I'm looking for a way to have cameras, nulls, and lights to work like images do - no outlines/controls unless selected. Is this possible?

I guess I just don't understand the reason behind the way it's setup now. Maybe I'm working wrong but it doesn't makes sense to me to clutter the screen with outlines of objects that I'm not currently manipulating and that won't be in the final render. Is this something that most people like?

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Hide null outline in composition
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:58:59 pm

See this:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1030733

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: Hide null outline in composition
by on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:55:55 pm

Since a Null's purpose is to be a parent to another layer, whether the layer visibility switch is on or off won't affect its function, just click the eyeball to turn it off.

Not possible with cameras however.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:22:55 pm

Thanks Ridley. Hiding the layer also hides the controls even if the null is selected though so I'd have to toggle that every time I wanted to play with it in the composition window but... that's probably as close as I can get to what I want.

I suppose I just need to get used to toggling the Show Layer Controls for everything or just ignoring the null/light/camera outlines in my scene.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:25:02 pm

Just realized I hit Solution on two post instead of Kudos... doesn't look like there's a way to change that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]