ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RAM Preview fails upon completion??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt HannonRAM Preview fails upon completion??
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:06:33 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue with CS6?

Every time my RAM preview completes (and would otherwise be ready for viewing) it fails, and acts as if I never hit the RAM preview button in the first place. It always, without fail, completes the entire rendering process (ie. the green bar always reaches the end of the comp) and then crashes.

Its becoming quite frustrating, because unless I catch it a few frames before the green bar reaches the end of the comp I have to start the rendering process all over again. If I do catch it prior to this I am able to hit play and watch the 99% of the comp that it has previewed.

I am working on mac osx 10.8, with a pretty hefty 32gig of RAM - so I wouldn't have thought it was a memory issue.

Perhaps there's a really obvious setting i've managed to overlook?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: RAM Preview fails upon completion??
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:30:05 pm

This has been reported. Switch off MP and things should be fine. There are other workarounds without switching off MP but these are dependent on the project.

You should file a bug report to the AE Team. Ideally, you should include the relevant AEP. You can leave out the footage but ensure that the issue is prevalent even without the footage.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Matt HannonRe: RAM Preview fails upon completion??
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:56:57 pm

Thanks Roland - much appreciated mate.

I'm assuming MP stands for Multi-processing, which I had tried turning on and off prior to the post, and was still experiencing the same bug.

I've just gone back now, purged my cache and checked the 'Reduce cache size when system is low on memory' box and it seems to be working better for the moment.

Not really sure what i'm doing to be honest - just pressing buttons - but i've done a few more tests and hopefully this might've done the trick.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved