ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE - Text and Vector Graphics Jagged

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah McFarlinAE - Text and Vector Graphics Jagged
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 6:41:24 pm

I'm a newbie working in AE CS4. The footage I'm using are QuickTime clips in 1280x720, 23.976 fps, 1.00 PAR. The footage and JPEG images used in the project look fine when rendered in the Render Que at: Best settings, Full resolution, Lossless - QuickTime, H.264 compression at 1280x720, 23.98 fps, square pixels BUT the text and vector graphics look jagged. The PAR correction button is turned on. What's wrong? I've done several trial and error renders but when I view video from DVD on my 40" widescreen (16:9) TV the text and vector graphics look jagged or bitmapped. The final output is for a 36" widescreen TV,(16:9). Thanks! Deb

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: AE - Text and Vector Graphics Jagged
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:14:49 pm

Are the vector graphics jaggy no matter what color they are?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Deborah McFarlinRe: AE - Text and Vector Graphics Jagged
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:44:06 pm

There's a vector designed frame in a layer on top of the video, it covers the top and bottom quarters of the screen. It's blue in color and the edges of the curved design appear jagged or bitmapped.
Likewise, all the text appears jagged too. I haven't tried changing the color and rendering but I could test that tomorrow.

I'm more concerned about the text than the vector design. For the design, I could add a slight blur to soften the edges and effectively get rid of the jagged appearance. However, the majority of the video is text in a quiz format where questions and answers are interspersed with clips and photos so I really need the text to look good. Both the text and vector look clean and crisp on playback from my computer but on my 40" flat screen TV both look jagged. I thought it might be a pixel aspect ratio problem. Any insights are welcome, thanks!

Return to posts index

Tim BentleyRe: AE - Text and Vector Graphics Jagged
by on Jan 10, 2013 at 12:31:48 am

Are you sure you've got 'Continuous Rasterize' checked? Might sound obvious but it's the most likely suspect :-)

http://timbentley.info/films.html

Return to posts index

by on Jan 10, 2013 at 2:35:16 pm

Hi Tim, actually I didn't know about the "Continuously Rasterize" button. Does it need to be turned on for all layers or just the layers with vector graphics and text?

Thanks for your help!
Deb

Return to posts index

by on Jan 10, 2013 at 3:30:06 pm

Thanks, I found the answer in AE's help - "Collapses transformations if the layer is a precomposition; continuously rasterizes if the layer is a shape layer, text layer, or layer with a vector graphics file (such as an Adobe Illustrator file) as the source footage."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]