ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bright Sign Video Wall

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Franzen
Bright Sign Video Wall
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:39:14 pm

I am working with a 3 Monitor Video wall. i have the Video all made but need to cut up the video into 3 small sections to Sync to all the players. I am new to AE and I have followed some Comp stuff but I don't know how to render it out to the three files that I need. any help would be great Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: Bright Sign Video Wall
on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:00:16 pm

If I understand you correctly, one approach is the following.

Create a Master Composition which is 3 times wider than the size you need for the individual rendered screens.

Create Left, Middle and Right Comps at the size you need to render for each screen.

Place the Master in each of the above Comps by dragging the Master from the Project pane into the Timeline, and position accordingly. Hold down the Shift Key as you move the Master in the Left and Right Comps to snap it to the edges of the screen.

Left has the left edge of the Master as its left edge.

Right has the right edge of the Master as its right edge.

Middle has the Master placed in it with no position adjustment.

Render Left, Middle and Right Comps.

Return to posts index

Erik Franzen
on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:57:16 pm

I got it to work I was trying to drop the Smaller Comp onto the master instead of the other way around. I also then made 3 more comps and did a -90 degree rotation as the 3 screens are portrait mode. I render the 3 rotated comps and everything is happy. thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 8, 2013 at 8:32:47 pm

If you haven't done it already, you need to find out the delivery specifications for the playback devices so you can make the proper kinds of files.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:17:59 am

Another way is to render out a large uncompressed master clip (e.g. Quicktime Prores or Animation) and then use Adobe Media Encoder to crop and export the chunks. If for some reason you need to tweak the compression settings, you won't need to rerender your sequence.

Matthew Keane

Freelancer based in Paris, France
- Motion Graphics, Video Editing & Effects, Watchout Programming & Live Operation.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:13:56 pm

[Matthew Keane] "Another way is to render out a large uncompressed master clip (e.g. Quicktime Prores or Animation) and then use Adobe Media Encoder to crop and export the chunks."

Image sequences would be a good choice, too.

I use image sequences and proxies very heavily in my large-raster Ae workflows.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]