ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Phantom Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg DavisPhantom Text
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 5:50:21 pm

Hello all,

I am pretty new to After effects and bought a project from videohive. The problem is that the font that was suggested to download isn't recognized by project. (Project says font is still missing). When I change the text style in the layer. It has a shadowing behind it that doesn't change. I have looked at the flow chart and noticed that has 3 other duplicate copies of the layer. Is there a way to change the font for the whole project at once, or do i have to change the each one to match. I have included some screen shots of the problem.

Thanks as always for help.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Phantom Text
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 8:11:43 pm

there is probably more than on text layer being used, so you'll need to update those other text layers to the new font.

they may be hidden 'shy' layers. to make sure that you can see the shy layers, make the the show/hide shy layers toggle is not enabled (it's the button to the left of the frame blending button at the top of the timeline... it looks like half a face peeking over a wall/fence).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Greg DavisRe: Phantom Text
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 8:15:15 pm

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for advice. I have been self taught, so I still have a lot to learn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved