ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Trapcode Particular issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ShawAfter Effects Trapcode Particular issue
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 11:13:23 pm

Hi I'm currently animating a scene using Trapcode Particular where it's set to a Box emitter type playing a comp of a file being drawn on using the Sprite particle type. The camera pan's through hundreds of particles and I want it so that the sprite particles start playing at different times but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried it so the particles per second option is set to a constant rate of say 500 or the old classic of it starting at 500 and then going to 0 a few frames later and playing with the time sampling but it's not working. I'm thinking of just setting it all up manually but I reckon AE CS10 will be released by then and we'll be living on Mars. Any ideas? I'm using trapcode particular 2.0 by the way.

Thanks in advance :)

Motion graphics - Animation - Video

http://www.shaw-media.co.uk

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: After Effects Trapcode Particular issue
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 11:50:22 pm

[Chris Shaw] "The camera pan's through hundreds of particles and I want it so that the sprite particles start playing at different times but I can't seem to get it to work."

I'm pretty sure you need to change your Particle Texture's Time Sampling method. Try either one of the Start at Birth modes or one of the Random modes.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]